Cargando

Windows Small Business Server 2008 shutdown 180days

Pulsa corazón para recibir avisos de nuevas Respuestas

AUTOR PREGUNTA

Publicado 05 mayo 2014 - 10:07
Hello to everyone, I first want to apologize because I'm writing in English but I do not know Spanish, I'm Italian.

I'm trying to Fix a problem on a Sbs 2008, original and activated license but there are License error, 38 and 4 that cause shutdown every 180days.

I'd like to use that "trick"

http://www.solvetic....eventos-38-y-4/

Sergio Martinez talk about McAffee but i have a question, can i follow theese steps?
  • [size=3]Get ownership of c:\windows\system32\silsvc.exe[/size]
  • [size=3]Grant admin full access[/size]
  • [size=3]Remove (deny) access for SYSTEM and Everybody[/size]
  • [size=3]Restart the server[/size]
  • [size=3]Set service start to disabled[/size]

[size=4][color=#555555][font=arial,helvetica,tahoma,sans-serif]I haven't McAffee on this SBS, i want to change this Server but i can do this on december/january and i can't stop Production.
Maybe works if i Stop this service?

Thank you and have a nice day[/font][/color][/size]
  • ¿Tienes la misma pregunta? Yo también

Publicado 05 mayo 2014 - 12:19
Hi 9overflow,

this is a "trick" that do this:

silsvc.exe is the service that count the 180 days to shutdown the SBS, with McFee I could put this service disable when SBS is restarting. Because you (administrator user) can´t disable this service.

You can try other antivirus that you can use "disable programs or files in the start of the S.O" . I put silsvc.exe and and when I restarted the SBS this service don´t run (it´s disable) and now the server don´t have shutdowns.

AUTOR PREGUNTA

Publicado 05 mayo 2014 - 12:26
Thank you Sergio.

Maybe i can do this manually following previous steps Or just by an antivirus like McFee ?

I don't know if Autoruns do that

Por favor Identificate o Registrate para poder ver este contenido

Publicado 05 mayo 2014 - 12:56

Thank you Sergio.

Maybe i can do this manually following previous steps Or just by an antivirus like McFee ?

I don't know if Autoruns do that

Por favor Identificate o Registrate para poder ver este contenido

Mmmmm good app 9overflow ;)

I think you will can disable this service with this app... tell us if you can finally with this.. If you can´t disble it. Think download mcafee (free trial one month) and If you can disable you can pay for solve this problem.

But I think you can solve with the app that you push in the link.

AUTOR PREGUNTA

Publicado 05 mayo 2014 - 14:31
Nop, i tried, Autoruns don't do this.

I followed this:

I got ownership for file silsvc.exe , i renamed to "silsvc.exe.old", then i killed silsvc.exe process

Publicado 05 mayo 2014 - 14:49

Nop, i tried, Autoruns don't do this.

I followed this:

I got ownership for file silsvc.exe , i renamed to "silsvc.exe.old", then i killed silsvc.exe process

Good!! this is other solution for the same problem. The important is you can solve this silly restart. The most important thing is disable silsvc.exe service for don´t run when you initiate SBS Windows Server.

Publicado 05 mayo 2014 - 14:52
Hi 9overflow, Thanks for share your solution. i push you one positive point for you ;)

Here we talk in spanish, but in some questions we can write in english too ;)

welcome!

AUTOR PREGUNTA

Publicado 05 mayo 2014 - 14:52
Thank you for your Help.

Have a nice day

Ps: yes, i need to learn Spanish, i'll do that, it's similar to Italian.

X